Friday, March 1, 2013

No Secret Ancient Yoga Sex Moves



Sometimes people ask about yoga, particularly certain postures (downward dog?) and immediately associate what happens on the yoga mat with the ability to turn oneself into some kind of twisty sex god.  Sorry, it’s just not true.  I’ve been studying one particular form of yoga for two years now and so far no one has taken me to a dark temple where I am taught the wonders of the sexual body by a four armed, blue skinned goddess.  It’s even a tantric form of yoga, but not an orgy to be found.  Mrs. Yogi has been studying for over a decade, and unless she is hiding something there does not appear to be a scroll of secret ancient yoga sex moves (although I am sure I will come up on a lot more internet searches now that I have used the phrase “secret ancient yoga sex moves”).

Having said that, yoga helps you feel comfortable in your body, increases flexibility and muscle tone (particularly core strength), encourages steady breath, allows you to appreciate the beauty in others, and can add to an overall sense of ease and calm for the day.  Read into that what you will.

Post Script: While looking for an image for this post I came across a few funny additions.  Maybe there is a reason so many people confuse yoga and sex.  It's a shame none of the articles talk about love.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment