Wednesday, July 3, 2013

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility



I’ve joked with a number of people lately that my ultimate plan to fade away quietly into the shadows is not working too well.  Of late, I have been the star of a Youtube campaign that has 50,000+ views and written an article for the Elephant Journal that has had 3,500+ views in the first two days that it was published.  Shadows, indeed.

If I want to fade into the shadows and not draw attention, why do I do things that draw attention?  Blame these guys.
 
I grew up with these people as my role models.  People who went out to do what’s right because it’s right, not because they expected reward.  In many cases knew from the day they donned their mask that they were going out to defend a world that hated and feared them. 

With great power comes great responsibility.  Heck, with little power comes great responsibility.  Help where you can.  Spread some knowledge.  Make the world a better place.  Then retreat back to your mild mannered secret identity as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment